Monday, August 18, 2008

Blogs

Blog was the word that I heard, said and typed most today.Previously I had an idea about blogs and trekked into a couple but I had no clue how to create a blog.I learnt that others can comment on what is on the blog .What dragged my attention most was the benefits of using blogs as an educator.



As educators we all the time long to have parents aware of what is happening with their kids in school.Posting all the students' activities and work on the blog or even videos will solve our problem.Moreover we have a lot of information to share with our colleagues and most of the time we don't have the chance to do that, so blogs again are the solution.


To me now and after I learnt about blogs and what I have seen in a video played in today's lecture I think the advantages of using blogs overweigh the disadvantages.As a teacher and a parent I will recommend and encourage using blogs.


1 comment:

ATQ said...

In many places though, you will find parents who are worried about their children be exposed on the internet. We have to be careful about "cybersafety", you can find out more about that at Netsafe - http://netsafe.org.nz/