Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Softwares and Teaching

As a student I left the class many times with a vague idea about topics explained by certain teachers. They are those who do not plan well for the lesson. In my opinion, a well planned lesson is the organized one. It is the lesson where the concepts are represented in a logical coherent way. Presenting concepts in a clear way needs certain processes like concept mapping.

I am quite familiar with this process and in today’s ICT class I was very happy to be introduced to a software “Inspiration Software” which makes creating efficient concept maps an easy procedure. In addition it helps you create other diagrams. Below is a simple concept map I created in class and from which I can access websites.



Teachers are nowadays lucky to have such softwares which make their jobs easier.

This link will help you know more about this software and even download a free trial.
In addition to the link this video gives a clear example how this software can help and an example is given on how it is used in explaining Maths concepts.

No comments: