Monday, August 18, 2008

Computers and Education

"Amazing" is the word that came to my mind when I discovered how practical and useful creating blogs is .Sharing ideas,thoughts and feelings which was hard or impossible years ago is easily achievable now by pressing some keys.

Being that simple and interesting, I would like to share with others my daily experience with my lecturer and classmates during the ICT course that made me more acquainted with blogs.

My first day in class was interesting and useful at the same time.The importance of computers in the educational process was reinforced and presented in a clear and organised way that shows the multi-role that a computer plays as a tool,a tutor or a tutee.In my career as a teacher I always considered the computer as a tool and a tutor and I encouraged my students to benefit from this fact in different ways as logging on to different tutorial sites .
Another way was using simulations to explain certain concepts in my subject field"Biology".
Frankly speaking I haven't used computers as tutees with my students because it is a hard task to a certain extent but I will try my best to do this in the near future.
On the other hand I learned more about PowerPoint program specifically how to use the Hyperlink function which I didn't master before.








These were few of the ideas that I thought about after yesterday's class and the rest will be posted later tonight.

No comments: